Thursday, December 12, 2013
The PhotoGallery requires a Flash Player.Get Flash.
The New York Times states that "Tree of Life AZ is the fasting destination of choice." Harper's Bazaar magazine calls the Tree of Life "one of the world's best ten yoga & detoxification retreats." The Tree of Life's Juice Fast Detoxification programs are green-juice fasts held in the picturesque setting of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, the perfect place to retreat, heal, and focus inward.
Everyone can benefit from green juice fasting. Regardless of how healthy one’s lifestyle or diet might be, we live in a toxic world. On a chronic basis, we are all exposed to harmful chemicals in our environment. Most foods contain pesticides, preservatives and additives that are difficult for the body to process. Additionally, the air and water supplies of most populated areas are contaminated. Indiscriminate use of pharmaceuticals and habits like alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and other drugs push the body into toxic overload. Other habits on an emotional/psychological level have a similar deleterious effect. Moreover, the fast-paced multitasking lifestyle that has become the collective norm is extremely taxing on the physiology.
In short, most bodies are being given demands that they cannot sustain. When our bodies become overloaded, elimination processes slow, overworked organs are unable to finish their respective tasks, and toxins become embedded in our systems. The results may or may not be apparent to the naked eye, but inevitably lead to diseases and decrease our capacity to function optimally.
The most common symptoms of Toxic Overload Are:
- low energy/fatigue
- poor concentration/memory
- strong food cravings
- digestive problems
- aches and pains
- sugar/caffeine/alcohol/drug dependence
- frequent illnesses
- excess weight
- premature aging
Juice fasting allows the body to divert the energy normally expended on the digestive process and use it, instead, on the eradication of toxicity, acidity, and other bodily contaminants. The Detoxification Program consists of medically supervised green juice fasting combined with detoxification treatments that facilitate cleansing. The 10-day Detox is a 7-day fast plus three days live food meals, including the re-introduction of healthy food into the system upon breaking the fast.
Fasting has long been heralded as a potent state for spiritual evolution. It helps to bring clarity and a feeling of interconnectedness. Daily, optional programs such as meditation, yoga, and spiritual discussion offer the opportunity to enhance the journey of self-discovery and expand consciousness. Participants find this an invaluable aspect of the detoxification process.
Also offered at the Tree of Life Europe-Israel
- Four low-glycemic 16 oz green juices per day made from high quality, nutrient dense, and organic produce like kale, spinach, dandelion, lettuce, cucumbers, celery, swiss chard, and other dark greens. An eclectic self-serve buffet of juice condiments provides additional flavor diversity. This includes a selection of fresh lime, lemon, and ginger juices; himalayan salt crystals; and spices like turmeric, cayenne pepper, and more.
- Fasting Intake with the TOL medical staff to determine your individual fasting needs
- Daily Check-ins with the TOL medical staff
- Therapeutic Treatments, including:
- 1 Lymphatic Drainage Massage and 1 Reflexology Treatment with Castor Oil: The lymphatic system is an extensive network of vessels, ducts, and fluid throughout the body that functions to eliminate toxins. These gentle massage techniques are types of therapies that stimulate the lymphatic system to function more efficiently and help to reduce blockages. They are invaluable in the cleansing process to maximize the effects of fasting.
- 1 Detox Acupuncture Treatment: Helps with the fasting and detoxification processes to alleviate common detox symptoms such as headache, nausea, and fatigue.
- 2 Ozone Steambox Treatments: Ozone therapy uses ozone, a gaseous allotrope of oxygen, to help detoxify and oxygenate the body. This singlet oxygen molecule has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. The treatment consists of moist heat saturated with ozone that is introduced to the body while sitting in a hot steam cabinet. The heat allows the pores to open and maximizes the transdermal intake of the ozone into the fat, lymph, and blood. Toxins are removed by sweating.
- Daily Oxy-Bounce Access: By combining exercise with the delivery of medical-grade oxygen, this treatment maximizes the penetration of oxygen. Poor air quality, combined with the fact that lung capacity decreases exponentially with aging, makes this beneficial for anyone. Most biological processes rely on adequate oxygen levels so this treatment is particularly important during cleansing.
- Fasting Pack includes: Skin Brush, Enema Bag, Genuine Enzyme Powder, Ultra Probiotic Formula, Gem Flower Elixir, Tachyon Fasting Elixir, Triphala, 1 oz Sesame Oil, Ph Paper Roll, Tongue Scraper, NCD, Crystal Energy, Oxybounce Mask (For Rebounder) - a $327 value!
Our detox programs are expertly supervised by our medical team of licensed professionals. Hand-picked and certified by Gabriel Cousens, MD, each member holds a medical license as a doctor or nurse, and is experienced in guiding fasters through the complexities of effective detoxification.
YOUR PROGRAM ALSO INCLUDES THE FULL TREE OF LIFE EXPERIENCE:
- 100% Organic, plant-source-only, live food, gourmet meals at the world renowned Tree of Life Cafe**
- Yoga Classes 5 Days a Week. (Kali Ray TriYoga™ style when Yogini Shanti Golds Cousens is available)
- Evening Meditation Programs and Spiritual Support (5 days per week)
- Shaktipat Initiation (Friday Evenings) when Dr. Cousens is onsite.
- Kirtan (Devotional Chanting) every other week (Wednesday Evenings)
- Unlimited Wheatgrass Grown with Ocean Minerals and Effective Microorganisms
- Unlimited access to our Chlorine-Free Swimming Pool
- Unlimited access to our Far Infrared Saunas
- Unlimited access to our Chlorine-Free Hot Tubs
- Experience the world's largest Chartes Labyrinth
- Access to our Veganic Gardens and Greenhouses
- Nature & Hiking Trails
- Co-Ed and Women's-Only Sun Decks
- New Moon Inipis (Native American Sweat Lodge)
- Access to the Tree of Life Wellness Spa (Additional fees apply)
** If you are coming to the Tree to fast, meals are offered before and after your fast based on your fasting workshop schedule.
~ All activities are optional and offered as a way to enhance your experience.
***Accommodations are included in the ONSITE price (please see the dates & rates tab above).
"Tree of Life, AZ is the fasting destination of choice."
– New York Times
"One of the world's best-ten yoga & detoxification retreats"
– Harper's Magazine
"This is truly an inspirational place. I admire how the authenticity is guarded and preserved. The genuine community spirit supported me deeply during my healing process and I am deeply grateful. Thank you from the fullness of my heart." -Monica S.
"I loved the openness of the staff. The Detox program is an excellent one and the staff attentive if one needs help or information. I love feeling the welcoming and nurturing heart of people here, and the knowledge. I am grateful and impressed with what is here, including the nature and its simplicity." -Participant Dec., 2011
DATES & RATES
10 Day Detox: $3,159 (subject to change)
Start Dates: Arrive any Monday (arrival to center by 1pm) that does not overlap with our 21-Day Transformation program, Masters Intensive, Elders Gathering, or Modern Essene Gathering.
Promotions may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotions. Subject to change without notice and based on space availability. Other restrictions may apply.
1) Bring a Friend and Returning Guest* Promotions:
- $100 Gift Certificate for Spa Use – Modern Essene Gathering and Modern Essene Mastery
- $200 Gift Certificate for Spa Use – Spiritual Fast, Zero Point, Conscious Eating, Expanding Culinary Joy, 10 Day Detox, or Holistic Vegan Vacations of 6 nights or more
- $400 Gift Certificate for Spa Use – Any two of the above programs, Portals to Liberation, the 17 Day Detox, or Holistic Vegan Vacations of 14 nights or more
- $600 Gift Certificate for Spa Use – Dr. Cousens’ 21 Day Transformation Program, Dr. Cousens’ Diabetes Recovery Program, 27 Day Masters Intensive, the 24 Day Detox, or Holistic Vegan Vacations of 21 nights or more
* Returning Guests are defined as guests who have attended at least one workshop or a minimum of 6 nights of Holistic Vegan Vacation in the past two years.
2) Early Bird Special:
When booked and paid for completely by at least two full months ahead of the workshop start date:
- $100 Off – Modern Essene Gathering and Modern Essene Mastery
- $200 Off – Spiritual Fast, Zero Point, Conscious Eating, or Expanding Culinary Joy
- $400 Off – Any two of the above programs and Portals to Liberation
- $600 Off – Dr. Cousens’ 21 Day Transformation Program, Dr. Cousens’ Diabetes Recovery Program, or the 27 Day Masters Intensive
3) Holistic Vegan Vacation and Detox Program Promotions:
November 10th - December 26th, 2013
25% off all Holistic Vegan Vacations (three night minimum) and Detox Programs
- 15% Off when you stay for 6 nights or more
- 20% Off when you stay for 14 nights or more
- 25% Off when you stay for 21 nights or more
- 20% Off when you stay for 6 nights or more
- 25% Off when you stay for 14 nights or more
- 30% Off when you stay for 21 nights or more
These specials only apply to the Holistic Vegan Vacation and the 10, 17, or 24 Day Detox Programs. They cannot be combined with other programs.
* Returning Guestsare defined as guests who have attended at least one workshop or a minimum of 6 nights of Holistic Vegan Vacation in the past two years.
5) Whole Person Healing Promotions:
- $200 Gift Certificate toward supplements – When you combine a stay of 6 nights or more with a Whole Person Healing or a follow-up appointment with Dr. Cousens
- $400 Gift Certificate toward supplements – When you combine a stay of 14 nights or more with a Whole Person Healing or a follow-up appointment with Dr. Cousens
- $600 Gift Certificate toward supplements – When you combine a stay of 21 nights or more with a Whole Person Healing or a follow-up appointment with Dr. Cousens
6) Shared Room Promotion:
- 30% off: Holistic Vegan Vacations or 10/17/24 Juice Fast Detoxes
- $59.70 off per night: All other programs
7) Prices for Children
- Age 5 and under: Free Day Pass and Free Meals
- Age 12 and under: Day Pass is $74.50 (Adult Rate is $149) and Meals are half off
CANCELLATION & CHANGE POLICIES
Diabetes Recovery Program, 21 Day Transformation Program, Spiritual Fast, Zero Point, Conscious Eating, Expanding Culinary Joy, Essene Workshops, Portals to Liberation, Permaculture Courses, and the 27 Day Masters Intensive: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 30 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made within the 30-days prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room, schedule and program changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
Holistic Vegan Vacation: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 14 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made within the 14-days prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room, schedule and program changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
10/17/24 Day Detox Programs: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 14 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made within the 14-days prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room, schedule and program changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
Whole Person Healing and Follow-Up Consultations: Cancellations for appointments over one hour long are refunded in full, less a $50 processing fee, with notice more than 30 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations for appointments under one hour long are refunded in full, less a $25 processing fee, with notice more than 30 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made within the 30-days prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room, schedule and program changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
IMPORTANT: All program inquirers need to fill out and submit our standard Health Intake Form for a complimentary review by our medical staff. Submitting the Health Intake Form is the first step in the enrollment process with no obligation to book.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Contact our program specialists to book your reservation or discuss your program options.
Please note - email is the best way to reach us; please email us using the form below.
If you call, please leave a voicemail and a representative will get back to you within 24 - 48 hours.
Our programs specialists will only respond to inquiries regarding programs.
USA: 1-866-394-2520 (Toll-free), ext. 1
International: 1-520-233-7010, ext. 1
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
Please review our Welcome Guide and Important Policies before you arrive at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. Inside you will find details on how to prepare for your stay, what to bring, and what to expect.
Please note: The majority of our rooms are shared, double-occupancy lodging with shared bathrooms a short walk away. Our listed prices reflect this lodging option. You will be given a roommate of the same gender when necessary. We have four private rooms with private bathrooms available at additional costs. Alternatively, you may choose to stay off site in town and attend your program at the Tree of Life during the day, though this option typically requires approval from our medical staff. We generally recommend that you stay on site with us to assist you in your healing journey.
The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center spreads across 180 acres of land, nestled within the pristine natural setting of the Mountain Empire of Patagonia. Our on-site lodging is intentionally simple to inspire a profound inward journey.
The Casitas, one of our on-site housing options, are ecologically constructed. We have ten bright and clean rooms surrounding a Spanish-style courtyard. Four outdoor shared bathrooms with showers are only a few steps from each room. Two of the Casitas are private rooms with private bathrooms, available for an extra fee (please contact us for details) and the other eight rooms are shared, with two twin beds per room. The Casitas are located a short walk from our Café and a 15 min walk to the Oasis, which is the administrative building that includes the front desk, wellness spa, medical center, Culture of Life Shoppe, and natural pharmacy.
The Garden House is located a short 5 minute walk from the Oasis. It is the closest housing option to all our rejuvenation & spa treatments. There we offer 2 guest rooms, each with a single queen bed and its own full bathroom, as well a shared living room, kitchen, and laundry room. The bathrooms have standing showers, not full bathtubs.
Our water is well water, with some of it being pumped through solar energy. The drinking water is filtered through a Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purification system. All the guest rooms are cleaned daily with all-natural, chemical-free products.
The all-inclusive daily base-rate is $199, including lodging, meals and juices, daily activities and free amenity use.
- Lodging*; The base rate is for the eight rooms in the Casitas that are small, each equipped with two twin size natural latex beds and a shared wardrobe and dresser. Bathrooms are shared with other guests. Accommodations in the two private casitas (one double bed and a private bathroom) or the Garden House are available for an additional charge.
- Healing Live-Food Cuisine is served buffet-style at the Tree of Life Café. All meals are 100% organic, locally-grown, plant-source-only, high-mineral, low-glycemic, and prepared with love.
- Daily Activities include Kali Ray TriYoga*®, spiritual nutrition education classes, healthy living Q&A with physician, food prep classes, meditations and spiritual evening programs. *Yoga is offered 5 times weekly. When Shanti Golds Cousens is available, the Yoga offered is Kali Ray TriYoga®.
- Amenities; unlimited wheat grass and tea stations, non-chlorinated pool and open-air hot tubs, sundecks, Mikvah (purification bath), labyrinth, medicine wheel, teepee, far-infrared saunas, nature trails, wireless internet at the Oasis and the Cafe and on-site shuttle service available upon request. Please note that shuttle is only available at certain hours of the day, and the center requires a lot of walking regardless. Walking also encourages the healing process.
- NO: in-room phones, TV, internet, or stereo. This is intentional to facilitate a feeling of complete retreat. We do not have wireless internet available anywhere on the property.
Guests may also stay off-site, if they have been approved to do so by the medical staff, at one of the local B&Bs or guest houses. Patagonia is a small mountain town with only one main street and no traffic lights. Partner locations are only few minutes driving distance away from the Tree of Life campus.
Please click the link to view local lodging options: http://www.patagoniaaz.com/lodging.html
Please click the link to view the map of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center facilities: Tree of Life Map
PLEASE NOTE: We are not wheelchair accessible! The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center celebrates living close to the earth and deliberately provides this experience for our guests. In support of aiding our guests in cultivating a relationship with surrounding nature, our paths and roads are rugged and often rocky, with minimal artificial lighting. Any guest who has difficulties maintaining stability while walking, and especially our diabetic guests struggling with neuropathy, should use care while traversing our grounds. Though we typically encourage our guests to walk around our Center for exercise and to support inner peace, those dealing with any conditions that promote imbalance would be wise to use a car to get around our premises and to choose those walking paths offering smoother, more level surfaces and ample lighting. Guests should use their own discretion while at our Center. The Tree of Life is not liable for any injuries incurred in our natural setting.
Tours of the Tree of Life grounds are offered during high volume times, such as during our 21-day programs. Outside of these programs, tours can be arranged upon advanced notice. Please call ahead to arrange this. We are not set up to offer tours without advanced notice. Thank you for your understanding.